We're wrapping up this series with resources for your own reading and information on where and how to order Green Pasture FCLO in Singapore. If you've missed this series, you can find the posts below:
Introduction to Cod Liver Oil
What's So Good About Cod Liver Oil?
Why Should I Take Cod Liver Oil if I'm Already Healthy?
What To Look For in Cod Liver Oil and What is the Best Brand?
Differences between Fermented Cod Liver Oil, Regular Cod Liver Oil, and Regular Fish Oil
Cost, Taste, and Considerations for Getting Green Pasture Fermented Cod Liver Oil
My Personal Reasons for Taking Green Pasture Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Green Pasture FCLO Testimonies
Notes on Vitamins A and D Contents in Green Pasture FCLO
Fermentation is NOT a "Rotting Process"
"If my family were to be stranded on a desert island and allowed to bring one superfood to consume, in addition to whatever we found on the island, I would pick this one (cod liver oil)" (source)
Where to Buy Green Pasture Fermented Cod Liver Oil in Singapore?
Rated as the "best" by Weston A. Price Foundation, Green Pasture undoubtedly is the number one brand recommended by the health community.
See WAPF website if you are in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Hong Kong. US residents can buy directly from Green Pasture website.
See here to learn more about Green Pasture FCLO and FAQ's.
Types of Green Pasture FCLO's
- Regular FCLO. This is 100% FCLO in liquid form. This is the most cost-effective option, but in order to get the maximum benefit, your diets need to include saturated fats such as high vitamin butter oil (HVBO), butter from pasture-fed cows, or coconut oil as FCLO works synergistically with saturated fats.
- Butter oil/FCLO blend. This blend combines one-third high vitamin butter oil (HVBO) and two-thirds FCLO in gel form. We've learned that CLO on its own was relatively ineffective but combined with HVBO, it produces excellent results.
- Emulsified FCLO. Emulsification aids in flavor and some may find it easier to digest (gel form). This is the easiest to swallow being in liquid form. It's got a zero calorie, zero glycemic index natural sweetener called stevia, which helps to cover the fishy taste of the FCLO very well. It's my family's favorite flavor.
- Capsules FCLO. If you can't take FCLO in liquid form, this is for you. However, it is the most expensive way of consuming FCLO.
How to Order?
For Singapore, You can order for the different types and flavors of FCLO here. Fermented CLO is extremely stable and they can keep for a long time. You can put it on the counter, in the fridge, or freezer. If you leave it on the counter, the CLO will continue to ferment, gradually making the taste stronger over time.
If you are curious or confused on which ones to get, I'm currently taking the butter oil/FCLO blend and my baby is taking the regular FCLO (Oslo Orange), along with coconut oil separately. She tried the Cinnamon Tingle butter oil/FCLO blend, but it was too spicy for her. She also tried the emulsified FCLO (peppermint) before and was fine with it. It actually taste good (and sweet) because they add stevia leaf (a natural sweetener with a zero glycemic index!). I would get the butter oil/FCLO blend if you don't consume ample saturated fats in your diet. For the little ones, I recommend either the regular FCLO or the emulsified peppermint FCLO.
I am convinced that everyone, especially pregnant and nursing mothers, growing children, and those recovering from illnesses. If you are not yet convinced, I encourage you to do further reading on FCLO and see for yourself the amazing benefits of this elixir.
Two lucky winners will receive one bottle of Green Pasture FCLO each (SGD$85 value).
1. You need to purchase (order and pre-order) your FCLO before 10 August 2013 (Singapore time). Each bottle purchased before 31 July 2013 will entitle you one entry to win a bottle of regular FCLO.
2. "Like" Pasture Living on Facebook, if you haven't already done so.
3. Subscribe to Pasture Living blog through email (on the top right corner of the blog).
Buyers can get an additional entry if you share this blog post on your Facebook or Google+ page. You can find the link at the bottom of this post.
Winners will be randomly selected and contacted via email sometime in the second week of August 2013.
Update on Aug 14, 2013: The two winners have been announced on Facebook and winners have been notified. Congratulations!
Some resources that I Used to Write This Series
Wise Traditions Article, Spring 2009
Cod Liver Oil: The Number One Superfood
Cod Liver Oil Basics and Recommendations
Cod Liver Oil Manufacturing
Vitamin A Saga
Miracle of Vitamin D
Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Green Pasture nor am I paid to write a review about their products. I'm just a very satisfied consumer and believe in the effectiveness of Green Pasture FCLO. All opinions are completely my own.