This is one of our favorite dishes to make and eat. It is simple, healthy, and refreshing. It is best eaten together with someone else as you get the fun of making your own wraps while enjoying the fellowship with other people. All we have to do is prepare the sauce and the fillings.
Raw garlic, chopped small
Red chili, chopped small (optional)
Pastured ground meat
Any kinds of vegetables you like (green onions, lettuce, cilantro, mint, thinly sliced carrots)
Fresh basil leaves
Salt and pepper
Fresh lime juice
Coconut palm sugar
1. To make the dipping sauce, mix together fish sauce, lime juice, and grated palm sugar until you get a balanced taste of saltiness, sweetness, and sourness. I always lose track to measure exactly how much to put because I keep adding bit by bit until I get the consistency that I like. Also, fish sauce tastes different from brand to brand and the sweetness of palm sugar also varies, some prefers more sweet, others prefer more sour, etc.
2. Boil rice vermicelli and shrimps separately until soft and drain. Set aside.
3. Sautee ground meat with coconut oil. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Cut up vegetables and set aside.
5. Dip one wrapper into water for a few seconds to soften. Lay wrapper flat on your plates. Place your fillings in the middle. Fold uncovered sides inward, then roll the wrapper. Dip your roll into the dipping sauce.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.