Friday, May 8, 2015

Recipe: Orange Carrot Muffins Using Carrot Juice Pulp and Almond Pulp


These orange carrot muffins are so delicious and soft. The freshly squeezed orange juice in these muffins make them so fragrant and moist. This recipe may just be my all-time favorite. Best of all, it uses my leftover organic carrot juice pulp that I don't have the heart to throw and leftover almond pulp from making almond milkSuch a great satisfaction to be able to use leftover pulp and not waste them. They have been sitting in my fridge for a week and I have been dying to get rid of them. I'm glad I didn't and turned them into delicious muffins. So if you make almond milk often and do not know what to do with the pulp, give this a try. I hope you like them as much as we did!


Almond Pulp


Ingredients

1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup sucanat (natural sugar)
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 cup almond pulp (you can substitute for white/whole wheat flour)
2 cups carrot juice pulp (you can substitute for shredded carrots)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Directions

1. Using a mixer, beat egg lightly. Then add butter, sugar, and sucanat. Mix well.
2. Sift white flour. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients (I didn't sift the almond pulp - it came straight from the fridge - and the texture of the muffins turned out very well). Mix until they are well incorporated.
3. Spoon the batter 2/3 full into muffin pans. I used mini muffin pans and it made about 20 mini muffins.
4. Bake at
 200 Celsius for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


Bon appétit!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicky
    I came across your blog upon googling on Cameron Highlands. It is truly refreshing to read up on your other blogs as they are interesting and informative.
    Thanks for the recipes! One of these days will try to attempt baking your Carrot & Orange Muffins.

    ReplyDelete