I've been trying to use more essential oils in making homemade cleaners as well as for natural remedies. I really didn't know what to expect the first time I purchased essential oils. I didn't know which ones to buy and I didn't know what to do with them. I really didn't want to waste money for something I will not use. But I'm glad I purchased them, I'm starting to appreciate good quality essential oils and the wonders they can do to my health, body, and home.
Here are six essential oils that I currently own and use:
1. Tea tree. It's anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-viral, and antibacterial. I use it to make homemade all-purpose cleaner.
2. Eucalyptus. I have used this the most especially when we are down with cold and cough. I use it to make homemade salve and apply it to my chest, back, under the feet, and under the nose to help decongest.
3. Lavender. It's considered one of the safest essential oils as it is made by steam distilling the flowers themselves. Apply it to alleviate headaches and fatigue, relieve stress and anxiety, calm our body and promote good sleep. I've read it helps to heal ear infections as well. Lavender is another good oil to add to homemade cleaning solutions as it has antibacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties. It also makes a great natural air freshener.
4. Peppermint. It is effective for relieving colds, headaches, digestive upset, stomach pains, muscle pains/aches, and reducing fever. I also use this to make homemade antibacterial foaming hand soap.
5. Lemon. I like to mix this into my homemade all-purpose cleaner to give a refreshing scent. It's a good deodorizer and the acidity kills mold, bacteria and germs.
6. Sweet Orange. I add this to my homemade floor cleaner for a mild orange fragrance.
What is your favorite essential oil and what do you use it for?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.