Friday, August 30, 2013

A Collection of Painting

I still remember vividly that day in Kindergarten art class, when we all sat down on the floor to draw something with crayons. I remember drawing a simple house with a black-colored roof. The teacher who was walking up and down the hall, stopped to look at my drawing, took it, and threw it away in the big trashcan right in front of me. Maybe it was an ugly house, but did she have to do that? And then I watched as she praised a friend's beautiful drawing of a scenery. I don't remember feeling sad or angry, maybe I was too young back then, but I've never forgotten that moment, what my drawing looked like, and the other nice drawing that she praised about. Over the years that childhood incident didn't stop me from doing arts. I still loved doing creative art and in secondary school, I entered an "International Friendship Day" drawing competition which won me first place. It was a turning point in my art life where I gained a sense of confidence that nothing is impossible if we work hard and put our hearts in what we do. I wish the school returned the drawing to me because it was a special one. I didn't pursue an Arts degree as a university student, but I continue to do it as a hobby. I love when I get my hands dirty in paints, choosing and mixing colors, and seeing a blank canvas turning into a beautiful artwork. If humans can create such marvelous colors, how much more our Father in Heaven can do. He is the Master Artist.

One of my first painting using acrylic: Zen painting inspired by one that I saw on eBay, painted in 2006.


Evan and I love to bike and so I painted this upon moving in to our first home after we got married in 2008. Inspired by a poster I saw on All Posters (but I can't find the exact link anymore) :(



 Painting together with my sister. Painted in 2010.


That's my sister and her husband. 

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalm 27:1


I painted this for a friend's baby shower. One that reminds me of Psalm 23 - The Lord is my shepherd. Painted in 2011. (source)


I painted this for my friend's family of four. Painted in 2013. (source)
Hubby loved it so much that I made another set for our own home.




This one is for Elin's super Daddy.



This one is for our friend's new home. God made the big and the small. He loves them all! Painted in Jan 2013.



"But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand." - Isaiah 64:8


3 comments:

  1. You makes me want to start painting too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goooo do it :) it will be so much fun with the kids! If you want to involve the kids, you can paint the background color and then stamp the kids' hands with different colors. I'm sure they will love it ;)

      Delete
    2. Goooo do it :) it will be so much fun with the kids! If you want to involve the kids, you can paint the background color and then stamp the kids' hands with different colors. I'm sure they will love it ;)

      Delete