Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Delicious, Easy, and Healthy Meals with Mekhala Living Sauces!


I love cooking and I mostly cook from scratch, but I find there are times when I am in a rush but would still like to cook healthy food for my family and I can't use ready-made sauces that I find in the supermarket because most of them are full of refined sugar, artificial flavors and colors, and preservatives. I was so happy when I came across Mekhala Living's sauces recently and cooking has never been easier. 

Meklaha Living is a Singaporean-Thai company that manufacture their own range of organic and natural Asian food products in their own factory in Thailand. They purchase their raw materials from small farms in Northern Thailand at fair prices and work closely with these farmers in a mutually beneficial relationship that helps them and the farmers grow together.


Their products are:
- 100% natural ingredients, with no artificial flavors, colorings or preservatives
- vegan (and most of them are gluten-free)
- made from wholesome, organic/natural ingredients. They use himalayan pink salt, rice bran oil and coconut sugar in their products, which are much healthier alternatives to regular table salt, vegetable oil and refined sugar.
- incredibly easy to use: perfect for those who would love to cook but don't have the time to prepare from scratch.

I have tried five of their sauces and here is what I think of them:

Blackpepper Beef Stir Fry


If you are a big fan of blackpepper sauce, you will have to try this sauce. It may not have the umami kick that you get in blackpepper meat dish from a Chinese restaurant (because I'm sure they put a lot of MSG in it), but it is as savory and blackpepper-y as you can get home made. You just need to put a little bit of sauce for a good portion of meat. I cooked it with beef, in the picture above, and will try it with cod fish next time.


This is now my to-go sauce to pour over steaks I make at home. It has a mild sweetness and peppery kick and it is just so mouth watering over a hot sizzling steak!





I marinated potatoes and baked them to pair with steak and it is delish! I love the smell of coriander. It is so refreshing!

Basil Garlic Pasta

Okay.. this has to be the best sauce out of the ones I have tried. It is like pesto and perfect for making quick and easy pasta dishes. Even my two year old loves it! I only have to put a little bit of the paste over a good portion of pasta because it is very concentrated and flavorful. If there is one sauce I would recommend you trying (out of the five I've tried), it would be this one. It is very good to marinade chicken with as well.



By itself, the flavor is delicious and it has a good balance between sweet, sour, and saltiness. But in order to get a full, tasty pad thai flavor, I need to use a lot of sauce for a small portion of noodles. It is still definitely cheaper than buying pad thai in a Thai restaurant, but value-wise, the other four sauces are better.


Aside from sauces, they also sell organic coconut oil, rice, and teas. Their products are available in specialty shops (e.g. Four Seasons organic store at Parkway Parade), various online stores and at their flagship store in Pasarbella. 

If you are interested in trying (and I'm sure you will be well pleased!), they are giving a 10% discount for purchases over $30 and it is free shipping for orders over $25 at both their online shop and their Pasarbella shop (just quote "PastureLiving" to the salesperson). Offer is valid from 1 October 2014 - 30 November 2014. 

Check out the recipes section on Mekhala Living's website and youtube channel for cooking ideas and follow their facebook page for news and promotions.

 Disclosure: I was given products for review and no monetary compensation was received. All opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment