Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blogging With a Purpose

Image by The Wagyu Story


My name is Vicky. I am a proud wife to Evan, a mom to baby girl, Elin (15 months old), a blessed homemaker, and a lover of the King. I love cooking for my family, cleaning and organizing my home, painting with acrylics, sewing pretty little things, teaching my baby, and traveling the world. We currently reside in Singapore.

The Beginning

When Elin started crawling and putting things into her mouth, I thought there must be a better way to clean the floor without using conventional store-bought cleaners that are full of chemicals. I started searching on the internet about making natural homemade cleaners and I was intrigued by the abundance of information I found. I started to spend a lot of time reading about non-toxic cleaning, healthy living, natural remedies, and eating real food. And what started as a search for a homemade cleaner recipe, ended up with my eyes being opened to a whole new world of natural healthy living. The rest is history in the making. 

Why This Blog?

As Christians, we have the responsibility to be a good steward to everything God has blessed us with, not just with time and money, but our bodies, family, home, and this earth we live in as well. With this blog, I hope you will be inspired to live a lifestyle of healthy and natural living and be better informed about these topics as you make decisions for your own family.

What Will Be On This Blog?

I plan to compile mostly what I learn about nutrition and natural living and document the changes I make to my home and family's diet. Occasionally, I will post topics on motherhood, family, things I do at home, and documenting our family trips. I am in no way an expert in any of these topics, but by God's grace I would love to learn to be a good steward to everything that He has given me and finish this race well.

Update on April 1, 2014: It's been a year since I started blogging and it's been so rewarding. By God's grace, I hope to continue blogging and sharing with you about His amazing creations through food and nature. 


Soli Deo Gloria.

Disclaimer:
Although I am writing about healthy and natural living, I am not a certified or a licensed medical practitioner who can counsel anyone in medical issues and cannot be held responsible for any decision you make regarding your health. What I am sharing are what I have learned and applied to my family but may not necessarily work for yours. My only hope is that this blog may encourage you to learn more about healthy and natural living which will hopefully help you as you make decisions for your own family.


7 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Finally :) excited to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is inspirational ;) Keep Going! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Blog Victoria. Are there many Christians in Singapore? What a light you must be to those people. I guess pasture life is your ministry of sorts. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vicky! :) Just read a couple posts including this one. Very cool. I'm curious what inspires you to blog. I find that I enjoy thinking about some topics and would enjoy sharing with others, yet as a mom of two... it's difficult to find the time, and I end up having to prune a lot. Writing things out in polished form for a blog is the first thing to go. So I'm just curious for you... does it take much time or do you write and edit quickly? Is the reward in knowing others benefit? Or is your site actually making money too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, thank you!
      Writing a good, informative post requires a lot of time: doing research, compiling information, summarizing in words that are simple and easy to understand, take my own pictures that fit the topics, etc. It can take me anywhere from a few hours to a few days to write a post, depending how new and complicated the topic is. I write when Elin is napping or at night and in the beginning I had to burn midnight oils to ramp up the blog. This blog doesn't make money but I receive free samples/products from companies for reviews and giveaways from time to time. I write a lot about what inspired me to blog, and my hopes and goals for this blog here: http://pastureliving.blogspot.sg/2014/04/blog-anniversary-blogging-as-ministry.html?m=1.

      I really enjoy blogging. It is also a way for me to use my brain and learn something new everyday. :)

      Blessings,
      Vicky

      Delete